Pages

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Last week -Festive Winter card & Video :)

Festive Winter Card

Last week our group went outside to take photos of the snow.We took different photographs of the snow for a festive winter card.I had to take a minimum of 15 photographs. Each of the photographs had to show the 'Beauty of Winter'.I had to consider careful composition -look for the best type of "lens mm" to use to best capture the scene.I had also consider the automatic camera settings,Marco Lens,Tripod and people and places. For automatic camera settings-i set the camera to manual  and I set  the ISO,APERTURE and shutter speed.I didn't use a Macro lens for this project and I didn't use a tripod for this project either. I didn't take any photographs of people. We took photographs of icicles,spiderwebs,footprints in the snow,snow falling,snowy trees.My favourite photographs we took were the spiderwebs and the icicles ,as the spiderwebs had detailed beautiful patterns. After, each of the members of our  group made a christmas card with the photo they took.



More photos to be uploaded .......


Festive Winter Video 
Last week our group also went to take a mini video.We used flip cameras to produce this 'Festive winter video',which we put on the program 'imovie'/final cut software to Festive themed music. Each of the members of the group took turns to capture a video to add to the project.I had consider the following for my winter movie;In camera editing,Steady Filming,Zooming in,Pan and Tilt.In camera editing -This is where I had to start to record a scene then when I finished filming the required length of time then I stopped recording the video.I moved to a different position an composed the shot with a different zoom setting. Steady filming -I had to be careful not to wobble the camera,as this can look awful and unprofessional . Zooming in-i had to use the zoom capability of the flip camera to add variety to the filming. Zooming out can add another dimension to my filming. Pan and Tilt- These methods can reveal a scene to the viewer,panning is the shot movement of the camera slowly from one side to another. Tilt is where the camera  starts either at the top or bottom of a scene and tilts the opposite way.

Flip Camera
This is the flip camera I used to take the mini video clip. Its really easy to use as when you the press the red button it starts to record and to stop recording you press the red button again.

No comments:

Post a Comment