Pages

Friday 14 January 2011

CD Cover: Posters/flyers -Research

Posters/Flyers Research
Here are some posters that gave me some inspired me to do my poster design. 
Here are few posters/flyers I have researched.
                        
                                      1.                                                                                2.
                 
          
             3.                                                                  4.
      
                                   5.                                                   6.
                
                                                                                                                                    
Poster 1
This is the "EventBrand poster".There is a good use of colour blends used from white to grey to bright  green to red.Its a stunning colour explosion which the eye is naturally drawn down the next and only area of colour:the EventBrand logo. The color in this piece is especially effective as it contrasts the grayscale setting. The abstract nuclear blast of color is full of energy and life, and can’t help but fail to impact the viewer.This poster is bright,colourful and attractive.All these aspects of the poster design make it look eye catching and it also looks aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Poster 2
This poster is advertising for a campaign for Ikebana ,a beach resort and wellness centre.This poster very colourful,bright and attractive.It is eye catching as all the graphics/images stand out.I like how they overlapped the images/graphics it adds a good effect to the poster.I also like how its colourful and bright as it reminds of summer.This poster shows the moods/themes of summer.

Poster 3
This poster is to persuade more people to recycle.The font is big and bold.This makes it stand out.I like how its kept to one colour for the font and logo-green.I like how the trees come out of the text.This makes it eye catching and the images/graphics look attractive. I might incorporate some of the aspects in this poster design on to my poster design.I want to use one to 2 colours on my photograph for my poster and I want to take a photo of loads of trees for my poster.This will look good when I edit it on photoshop   
as I will change the colour of the photograph.

Poster 4
The "War is Not Healthy for Children and Other Living Things"  poster. This  poster, originally done by Lorraine Schneider, first appeared in 1966 in reaction to the Vietnam War.I like this poster as it only has one or two colours on it and the background of the poster is pale yellow and the text it black to make it stand out. This poster is bright,attractive and eye catching.The font of this poster is big,bold and clear. This makes it stand out.

Poster 5
Since its early days, Coca-Cola has played an eminent role in the visual culture of several generations.
By continually challenging artists and agencies to create images for its wide range of communication, Coca-Cola also functioned as a catalyst for creative expressions, right ideas at the right time…

The original Coca-Cola illustrations were drawn by masters as Haddon Sundblom or Gil Elvgren with their loving, magical touch. Some of the early Coke images are playful, romantic, cartoony, imaginative; others are trendy and stylized but they are always signs of their times.

The concept of the Remix project is simple. Every selected artist makes a “Coke Side of Life” Remix of historic Coca-Cola visuals and creates a new visual inspired by the brand and its soul, a thematic interpretation.

This poster is bright,colourful and eye catching.I like the amazing burst of colour coming out of the coke bottle.The font on the poster is white so it stands out against the red background.I like the decorative swirls coming out of the coke bottle it looks attractive and it grabs your attention to the poster.

Poster 6
This poster has colourful graphics/images coming out of the women's head.I like how this poster can look realistic and surreal at the same time and I like the cartoony styled images.I think this poster looks bright,colourful and attractive.I like how theres a burst of colour of images coming out her head and her head is black & white.This makes it stand out.I like how the images represent her brain and what she loves?.I might incorporate some of these aspects into my own poster design such as; the colour in particular and the decorative images.

1 comment:

  1. You have researched some quirky, fun posters. You must now annotate them, to include your thoughts and opinions on them. Discuss the graphical content, text etc and composition of the poster layout.

    ReplyDelete