Pages

Wednesday 26 January 2011

CD Cover: Intial ideas

This is the layout of CD case.At first I was going to do this CD cover template but when I did a Mock up of this template but it was too small on A4 paper to be a CD cover.

This template is the one I want for my CD cover.

                Ideas for CD cover and Photos for the CD cover
    1.                                                                 2.

     3.                                                                                                              4.

   5.                                                                    6.     7.                                                                    8.                                                
    

These are the photos I have took for my CD cover. I didn't know what photo I should have for my CD cover so, I took different photos in different locations. Some of the photos could be merged together on the program called "Adobe Photoshop".I will also edit the photo on this progam. I will add text using the text tool and change the contrast and brightness so the photo is better quality.My original idea was to take a photograph of birds flying,but while I was taking photographs I changed my mind and I decided to take photo of a church with a reflection in the river.I thought this added a good effect to the photo. Another idea I had was to have the 2nd photograph at the back of the CD cover and the photograph at the front of the CD cover.

Photo 1
This is photograph of the sun setting between the trees and houses.This is a long shot photograph that I took. The most important part of this photograph is the compositon;like the clouds,the light passed from them the photo got various shades and as the clouds moved and sun went further down,there were different patterns. This photo also goes with the rule of thirds as the sun is in the last third of the photograph. I like the different contrasts in lighting and I like the different textures of the trees/houses in this photograph.I don't really like how the camera doesn't focus on the sun which is the subject and the sun is too small.To improve this I would re take this photograph focused and zoomed in more at the sun to make it the subject of the photograph.

Photo 2
This is a photograph of a frosty bush. This is a close up photograph that I took. I like how this photograph looks like a winter photograph.I also like how this photograph is zoomed in and I like the different contrasts in lighting in this photograph.I like the different textures of the frosty bush. This one of my ideas for my front cover of my CD. I chose this photograph as an idea for a front cover for my CD ,as it stands out and looks eye-catching.


Photo 3
This is a landscape photograph of a church,trees and bushes.I like the composition of this photograph,as it shows the trees are the subject of this photograph.I like the positioning of the trees,bushes and the church ,as the two bushes are at the front of the photograph and I took the two bushes close up and the trees and the church are taken further away.I like the frosty look of the church,trees and bushes ,as it adds a good effect to this photo.I like how the church is hidden by all the trees,this is good as it adds texture to the photograph. There is different textures of the trees,bushes,the grass and even the some of the frost on the trees/bushes adds texture to this photograph. There is also use of different lines and shapes in this photograph.


Photo 4
This is a landscape photograph of birds flying and the church,trees and part of the bridge.I like the composition of this photograph,as you can see the subject of the photograph is the birds flying.I like the different textures of the trees and the church in the background.I also like how the trees and the church are further away and the trees and the church is really small,but the birds flying in this photograph are quite big,this adds contrast of different sizes.I like how this photograph is mainly of the sky,as this would be good to put on a back cover of a CD. This would be the best photograph for a back of CD cover, as there is a big enough space to write the song list in the sky. This is going to be one of my ideas for my CD cover ,as this photographs looks eye-catching.

Photo 5
This is a photograph of trees and a river. This is a close up photo of the trees that I took. I like how the trees are really big and they overlap each other.I like the different textures of the trees and the ground has a good texture as well.I like the composition of this photograph,as it adds a visual good effect o this photograph. This photograph is taken at a different angle and it looks like its a one point perspective photograph, as it looks like the mud on the ground is getting smaller.I don't think this would be a good photograph for CD cover because there is too much going on in the photo and it be quite to difficult to find where to place the text.It will be difficult to read the text. It also is taken at different angle so, I don't think it would be suitable for a CD cover.


Photo 6 
This is a landscape photograph of trees,a building and a clear blue sky. This is a two point perspective photograph.I like the different textures of the trees in this photograph,as it shows different lines of the branches. This adds a visually appealing look to the photograph.I like the colour of the sky as its clear a blue-this makes the photograph stand out.I like the different contrasts in lighting in this photograph.I don't really like this photograph,as the angle of this photograph has not been taken very well and I don't think it will be suitable for a CD cover ,as there is too much going on this photograph.


Photo 7
This is a landscape photograph of the church,trees and the bridge.I like how the sun's setting behind the trees. This shows different contrasts of lighting in this photo ,as there is a big burst of light this adds visually appealing look to this photograph.I like how there is silhouette of trees behind the church. This makes the whole photograph look appealing. There is different textures of the trees and the church in this photograph,as it shows contrasts of different lines of branches of the trees. I think this might be good photograph for a CD cover,as its taken at the right angle,its eye catching and it stands out. However,I think there is too much in this photograph.




Photo 8
This is the photograph of a reflection of a church. The composition of the reflection adds a visual effect to the photo.The shape and implied movements in any reflected element appears strengthened - it is, effectively, doubled - by its reflection if you include the subject being reflected. The Line of Symmetry is the horizon it is not perfect symmetry, because the image is changed a little by the river's surface.I like this photo as, it shows different patterns and textures in the water.I like the different contrasts in lighting it adds a brilliant effect to this photograph.This is one of the photographs I might have, as my front cover of my CD cover, as it stands out. I could edit this photograph by adding different colours this in the program called "Adobe photoshop."






1.

This is one of my ideas for a CD cover.I edited these photos on photoshop and I put the photos onto this template. I  edited the brightness, contrast and exposure. The font of the words "The Call of the Wild" is called "Vtks Deja Vu" and the colour of the font is bright green.I coloured the inside of this font with the paint fill tool. I decided to put these photos on as I liked the way the two birds are at each side of the songs. Here are some good points and bad points about this CD cover.


Good Points:
  •  The font is big,bold and bright. This makes it stand out.   
  •   Its eye catching and 
  •   I like the decorative font as it stands out. 
  •   The font is distinctive.
Bad points: 
  • The font is not clear enough as the font needs to be more simple and clearer on this sort of photo.
  • The photograph at the back - the birds are bit too blurred.



No comments:

Post a Comment